PDA

View Full Version : Help! Menu tabs not changing and I can't for the life of me figure out why!!!

carolinawebdesign
08-26-2008, 05:27 PM
I am using someone elses' template...

Please go to this site. http://www.scottsorchardandnursery.com When you get there, the home tab is how it should be. When you hover over the others, they work fine. BUT when you click on say, "pick your own" tab, and you get to that page, then that tab should be the one highlighted so person knows what page they are on.

I have searched my default.css style and can't find the image anywhere, and can't figure out where else to change it.

HELP, I am fried and am once again, sitting on what brain I have left.

domedia
08-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi Kelly,
for each page you need to add the class="active" to the tab you wan to be in active state.
<li class="active">

carolinawebdesign
08-26-2008, 07:22 PM
I thought it had something to do with that. I at first changed the index page and then saved it as all the others. Now I have something to check. Thanks so much, getting off my brain now.

edited to say: BRILLIANT, THANKS SOOOO STINKIN' MUCH!

domedia
08-26-2008, 08:04 PM
BRILLIANT, THANKS SOOOO STINKIN' MUCH! You know it!

Rob_Che
08-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Hope this isn't a thread hijack - it is related...

Hi Kelly,
for each page you need to add the class="active" to the tab you wan to be in active state.
<li class="active">

So, could I do this for a Blog for example ?
I'm guessing not as it's that PHP stuff.

domedia
08-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Rob, yes you could, and if Wordpress does not already have support for this, someone has made a plugin/extension/whatever, I can guarantee it :)