PDA

View Full Version : How do I split and merges cells in CS3 ?

Rolacoy
08-26-2008, 01:18 AM
I have upgraded to CS3 from MX. I have also upgraded from Tiger to Leopard. I opened a page in CS3 that had been created in MX and can not figure out how to Split and Merge cells. I don't seem to be able to select a group of cells and merge them.

Ricky55
08-26-2008, 02:01 AM
If you are referring to table cells I don't think its changed, you just select them by running the mouse over them, right click and from the menu slect Merge Cells.

edbr
08-26-2008, 02:04 AM
split control+alt+s
merge control+alt+m

domedia
08-26-2008, 04:04 AM
I started making this page a few years ago.. never got finished, but have a look:
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-mx-shortcuts.php

Rolacoy
08-26-2008, 10:53 AM
I am running the software on a Mac so I don't have an Alt key. I have the same page open on a G5 running MX and on my MBP running CS3. I guess what I am having trouble with is, that I try to select a single cell that contains a button and can not get the "I" within the cell so that the "Split and Merge cells" option panel does not show up in the Properties window. I did find that I could select the border and move it over a bit and I could get the "I" to appear in the cell. Then I have the "Split and Merge cells" option panel" so I can make it work that way.

Another difference that I notice is that within a cell I have some copy and below a picture. In CS3 there is a thin dotted line between the copy and the picture. On the G5 running MX with the same file open there is no dotted line. What is the line for?

Something else is that if I select the picture, select in the properties window a border of 2 there is a red border around the picture. But I see no way to change the color of that border.

Rolacoy
08-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Another difference that I just noticed between the properties window in MX and CS3. In CS3 there are 4 selections at the top left of the window, <body>, <table> <tr> <td> <div> etc. I will have to review the html code, I don;t remember what all of the codes are. It's been several years since I did webpages in a word processor.

Rolacoy
08-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Ok, I see that those (<body>, <table> <tr> <td> <div> etc.) give me a lot of options. Thanks for your help. Just have to learn something new.