PDA

View Full Version : how to stop Flash audio in Dreamweaver

bmartin
08-25-2008, 07:15 PM
I have a flash file with audio as a "pop-up" on my website. I've also inserted a "close button" at the bottom - so that users can close the annoying pop-up if they choose. (I used the hide elements behaviour)

My problem - if you "close" the pop-up , the sound still plays. I understand why - because I'm only hiding the layers of the pop-up.

So - I either need to know how to turn off the audio that is included in the flash file OR how to completely close the pop-up layer without closing the entire web page.

thanks in advance,

B

neonfluxx
08-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Question: Is the close button in the flash file or in dreamweaver. If in flash just add the stop sound behavior to the close button. If in dreamweaver you can't do it there.

bmartin
08-25-2008, 07:34 PM
The close button is in Dreamweaver. I didn't think I could close the file from Flash - because then I would have two actions.
One of them is a redirect when the user clicks the pop up.

I'll give it a shot though.
B

Ricky55
08-26-2008, 01:59 AM
Yes you need to control this via the flash file.

You need your action script to stop the audio and close down the window.

Just out of intertest what is this pop up, is it an adevrtisment?

As like you said they can be annoying.

bmartin
08-26-2008, 07:14 PM
It is sort of an advertisement. The company that I work for is running a contest for the football season. So when you visit the home page - a flash "advertisement" pops up to advise/remind the user about the contest.

I then have a redirect to the contest website - if the user clicks on the pop up. I also have a "close" button to hide the (annoying) pop up.

B