PDA

View Full Version : An FTP Error Occured

tommygun
08-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi.

I'm using Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 version 9 and have 3 different sites on different servers in it.

Now out of the blue I can't connect to any of these servers.

I get the following error message (please see attached screenshot):

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=444&d=1219564072

I tried everything icluding shutdown the firewall but without any results.

If this would be only on 1 of the 3 sites I would say it is a server problem but the same thing on 3 different servers can't be a server error I guess.

The server connections are all average FTP connections.

Please some give me a hand here to get this working again.

Thanks in advance,

davidj
08-24-2008, 09:19 AM
have you tried to connect using a third party FTP like filezilla

http://filezilla-project.org/

tommygun
08-24-2008, 11:36 AM
.......yes, I did try FileZilla and it's working fine.

It seems that this is a Dreamweaver problem but I can't explain it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.......

davidj
08-24-2008, 02:54 PM
try reinstalling dreamweaver

double check your settings first as you may have over looked something

tommygun
08-24-2008, 04:23 PM
.......I thought about reinstalling and now after you mentioned it as well I gave it a try but it didn't do the trick.

Everything is like it was before.

My settings are in order as they were before the error.

Hopefully you got another suggestion on how I can fix this because I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Thanks a lot for your help and if you have another idea please let me know.......

davidj
08-24-2008, 06:10 PM
could it be a firewall issue

try switching off your firewall for a few moments while you test this

d a v e
08-24-2008, 07:20 PM
you can also try ticking the 'passive ftp' in the site defintion's remote settings. that may help

tommygun
08-25-2008, 05:22 AM
......thanks for all of your replies and input.

I disabled the firewall and tried all the other options including passive ftp but nothing.

The problem remains.

I really don't know what to do anymore.

Hopefully one of you guys has another idea on how to fix this.

Thanks again.......

davidj
08-25-2008, 09:20 AM
i sugest that you build your site locally and then use a 3rd party FTP client for uploading live

im not sure what the problem is with this

domedia
08-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Consult with your host. Your host is the one denying the connection (see the message you attached in your first post). They might have changed something on their server lately, or have some updated information for you. This is actually the first thing you should have done. :-/

tommygun
08-25-2008, 05:21 PM
.......I've contacted my host before I posted here and been working with them since then but no results as yet.

In between I was able to get a connection to a server a couple of times but nothing as as it should be.

Still waiting for the next response from my host but as I said before, I have 3 different sites in DW and 3 different hosts and the same problem for each of them which makes me think that it is more likely a Dreamweaver issue.

Anyway, as soon as I get to the grounds of it I'll let you guys know.

Thanks for all your input because every help I can get is very much appreciated.......