PDA

View Full Version : Problem: "Images folder not inside the site."

SamRRF
08-23-2008, 09:40 PM
I get a DW warning dialogue box reading: "WARNING: The Images folder is not inside the site", when I'm trying to set up a WAMP testing server on my computer. Can anyone help me correct this, please?

This is what happens.

I know I have to enter information in the Remore Info and Testing Server sections of the Site Definition section, and this is where I encounter my problem.

I go to Site>>Manage Sites>> then select my website, and then click the Edit button. This takes me to the Advanced tab, where I can now click on the Remote Info menu option.
But when I do that that's when I get the warning: "The Images folder is not inside the site."

It sounds like a simple directory issue, but I can't see what I have done wrong - any suggestions on how to correct it?
(Yes, I'm completely new at this!)
Sam

davidj
08-24-2008, 06:41 AM
you need a directory in your site called images

this is where all your images live

if dreamweaver has a path set to the images Dir and the Dir doesn't exist then your going to get an error

solution...

create a Dir and call it images. Make sure the paths in dreamweaver point to the right place

Ricky55
08-24-2008, 08:41 PM
I get this error all the time with DW on the Mac even when the image folder is in the correct location. Just a bug, are you using the mac version of cs3

Corrosive
08-25-2008, 01:46 PM
I get this error all the time with DW on the Mac even when the image folder is in the correct location. Just a bug, are you using the mac version of cs3

That's quite a 'bug' Rick. Might be time to get your old PC out :wink:

Ricky55
08-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Never! The shite I've dealt with over the last fews days repairing a vista laptop no thanks mate but I'd rather go back to slate and chisel than a PC.

It doesn't bother me mate I just cancel the error and all works fine. It only happens when I first enter a sites details so its not that much of an issue.

Did worry me though when it first did it.

Corrosive
08-25-2008, 05:46 PM
no thanks mate but I'd rather go back to slate and chisel than a PC.

He, he. Nice one Ricky :) . The main reason I run a PC is that my brother can fix all my problems for free!

Did worry me though when it first did it.

Yeah, I bet it did...Nooooooo! :lol:

Ricky55
08-26-2008, 02:06 AM
I bet he's kept pretty busy then...

To be honest I've just installed Windows XP Pro on the laptop, got the latest Service Pack 3 on it, everything up to date and its running like a dream.

Just goes to show, any OS can run well if its looked after and well maintained. In the hands of a muppet a Nasa supercomputer could be messed up.

I must admit, I'm quite fond of XP, I think its that Vista that put me off. XP may not look all that great but it does its job.

Ricky55

neonfluxx
08-26-2008, 05:31 AM
i have a mac i I have never received this error at all. Did you try reinstalling.

Corrosive
08-26-2008, 08:26 AM
I bet he's kept pretty busy then...

To be honest I've just installed Windows XP Pro on the laptop, got the latest Service Pack 3 on it, everything up to date and its running like a dream.

Just goes to show, any OS can run well if its looked after and well maintained. In the hands of a muppet a Nasa supercomputer could be messed up.

I must admit, I'm quite fond of XP, I think its that Vista that put me off. XP may not look all that great but it does its job.

Ricky55

To be absolutely honest Rick, he built both my PCs and they run like a dream (touch wood). I could count the problems I've had in the last three years on one hand. I still run XP because it is reliable. Yes, Vista looks pretty, but so does Kelly Brooke and I wouldn't give her a difficult job to do :)

davidj
08-26-2008, 08:48 AM
XP is the sally gunnell O/S

not that good to look at but a good little runner!

Ricky55
08-27-2008, 07:22 PM
I'd give Kelly Brooke a job to do of the blow variety.