PDA

View Full Version : I wanna create a Real-Time sports score..!!!

Chapo
08-23-2008, 05:28 AM
I'm creating a Sports Website of my own... i wanna learn how to manage to upload Real-Time scores to my page. Can i also do the same with the Athletes Game-Info ?

Just an idea... if you go to nba.com or any sports page, you can see the results of your favorite sports every 2 minutes, and after the game you can see there is a athlete summary of the game. Thats what to do.

is it possible ?

Corrosive
08-23-2008, 08:36 AM
I'm creating a Sports Website of my own... i wanna learn how to manage to upload Real-Time scores to my page. Can i also do the same with the Athletes Game-Info ?

Just an idea... if you go to nba.com or any sports page, you can see the results of your favorite sports every 2 minutes, and after the game you can see there is a athlete summary of the game. Thats what to do.

is it possible ?

Hey

It's possible but surely you'd need an army of programmers and someone to sit and feed scores into the site 24/7. Maybe look and see if you can get a sports RSS feed into your site?

Chapo
08-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Hey .... corrosive
I didn't thought about that... but could you explain me how RSS works and how it could help me out ?

Corrosive
08-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Hey .... corrosive
I didn't thought about that... but could you explain me how RSS works and how it could help me out ?

Hi Chapo

RSS feeds are the scrolling news feeds you see on some sites. I have never used one but I think you'd just paste some code (probably javascript) into a div on your site. Try putting 'RSS Feeds' into Google, I imagine there will be loads.

Chapo
08-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Google.. of course... Dude, you should be at NASA.... smart

Chapo
08-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Have you used Expression Engine ? I'm between that and Joomla

http://expressionengine.com..

davidj
08-23-2008, 09:08 AM
http://www.strikeiron.com/ProductDetail.aspx?p=403

edbr
08-23-2008, 09:22 AM
I would think Joomla/mambo will have the most templates/mods available

Corrosive
08-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Google.. of course... Dude, you should be at NASA.... smart

I can never tell if you are being sarcastic or not Chapo :wink:

Chapo
08-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Corrosive.... just kidding man...!!!

Chapo
08-23-2008, 09:27 AM
EDBR but i have to use their templates ?
What if a build my own page, can i add Joomla to my page ?

Corrosive
08-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Corrosive.... just kidding man...!!!

He, he. I know fella. That's why you got a :wink: at the end of my post :)

edbr
08-23-2008, 09:34 AM
dont thinks so, you get a cms tha you can add templates to or design your own or tweak existing. there are lots of freebies.
My friends s at Water and stone keep telling me Drupal is great for making your own designs easily. Personally i am not keen on any of them but you can get a site with bells and whistles in it very quickly.