PDA

View Full Version : can a detail page have links as well?

confucious
08-22-2008, 03:58 AM
FYI - I am using Dreamweaver CS3 and know very little (none?) PHP language. I am hoping to be able to put my pages together using Dreamweavers limited PHP integration, but am having my doubts.

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with this problem. I am trying to find a way to create a PHP details page that the user can make selections on the item (ie: small, medium, or large as well as red, blue or pink) which will then be posted forward to my Shopping Cart page when they click the "Buy Now" button. The Details page is created when a browser clicks a link in a product listing page I have already built using repeating regions that draw from my main product database.

My confusion is - how do I make anything other than text or images appear on a details page being created dynamically when the user clicks on the product link? Is this possible? What I seem to need is two forms or check box areas that are present in every page but only populated/filled if the product requires it...but even if I can do this, how do I make that information (ie: size and colour) from those boxes/forms put the product code into the data string I need to send on to the shopping cart page?

Sorry - I know it's alot. I am just hoping someone can point me to the right language/words to use in searching for an answer, or even a tutorial or site that deals with this kind of thing.

Any help at all is appreciated. THanks!

L.

edbr
08-22-2008, 05:22 AM
i would be surprised if Dw could manage this.
php video tuts on this site is the way to go,

davidj
08-22-2008, 07:15 AM
wouldn't it be better if you could open a big box of Lego (PHP) and build what you want rather than following the 4 or 5 models in the manual?

if you took some time to learn the language then this wont be a problem

check out the PHP videos in my signature (the building blocks) and think of this forum as an open university resource and you will never look back