PDA

View Full Version : change dynamic

rico1931
08-21-2008, 08:53 PM
ok so i tried to google this and I just don't think i'm using the right search stuff.... I have a list that is being gotten from a record set... I want the user the chose something from the list after that in the same form I have a dynamic text box I want to change according to what the user has chosen on the list above. I know this is possible its the same stuff with state and city changing on other web sites.. I tried creating two diff recordsets but the prob I am having is that the second box wont 'refresh' after the item on the first list is chosen.. hope it makes sense.. thanks

edbr
08-22-2008, 01:02 AM
code might help. this is dreamweaver code i'm guessing

rico1931
08-22-2008, 05:49 PM
There is the code for the drop down menu being populated from the list in mysql. Now i want the "FranchiseDesc" to change dynamically when Franchise is being selected.

<form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="">
<label for="Franchise">Franchise</label>
<select name="Franchise" id="Franchise">
<%
While (NOT rsFranchise.EOF)
%><option value="<%=(rsFranchise.Fields.Item("FRN_ID").Value)%>"><%=(rsFranchise.Fields.Item("FRN_ID").Value)%></option>
<%
rsFranchise.MoveNext()
Wend
If (rsFranchise.CursorType > 0) Then
rsFranchise.MoveFirst
Else
rsFranchise.Requery
End If
%>
</select>
<br />
<label for="FranchiseDesc">Franchise Description</label>
</form>

rico1931
08-28-2008, 05:00 PM
ok so let me try to re format the question has anyone ever seen list that make you first chose a state? after that there is another list that has cities but the second list changes dynamically based on what state is chosen? I was wondering how to do that. Does the page need to refresh to make this happen? just a bit of guidance would be nice. Thanks!

domedia
08-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Didn't DJ make a tutorial on this?

rico1931
08-28-2008, 05:28 PM
umm don't know maybe he did.. well its most likely in php awesome lol i'll see if I can try to find it

rico1931
08-28-2008, 05:32 PM
ya he did its in php alright thanks for your help