PDA

View Full Version : Files not updating on live site after transferring updates

Jlivan
08-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I have been working on my company's website using DreamWeaver for some time now. I was only taught general things so I'm not really experienced and just have been learning as I go. I haven't had any problems until a few months back, DreamWeaver was freezing up when I tried to open it so I just left and decided to try it again about two weeks ago. I had made some changes to the website and uploaded the files to the live site. When I went to preview it on internet explorer they did not show my changes. I have downloaded 8.01 & 8.02 updates from adobe and refreshed and cleared the cache as well with no luck.

To make things even more odd, if I view the file on the live site in DreamWeaver it shows the update on the page.

Please help!

Thank you,
Lisa

domedia
08-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Are you previewing the site from DW, or actually going to your website and looking at the live pages?

Jlivan
08-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Are you previewing the site from DW, or actually going to your website and looking at the live pages?

When I preview the site from DW the changes are made. When I actually go to the live website on explorer or firefox the changes are not made.

domedia
08-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Then the files probably were not uploaded to the right place. Make a subtle change, upload it and see if the live website changed.

Jlivan
08-22-2008, 01:15 PM
I added an extra asterisk at the end of one of the sentences & uploaded the whole site w/no luck

edbr
08-23-2008, 01:17 AM
how are you uploading to your live site? if you use an ftp program can you see your files and folders on the site?

domedia
08-25-2008, 01:15 PM
You're not uploading the files to the right place.