PDA

View Full Version : Images Pixelating when Skew or Distort

malhyp
08-20-2008, 06:44 AM
Hi there, we are using Fireworks CS3 to create some web images and noticed that when we Skew, Distort or Rotate an image that is 250px x 150px it distorts very badly.

After Skewing, the edges and lines are straight but pixulated. Is there a work around or am I doing something wrong?

If possible, we would like to Rotate an image by 10deg and keep the straight lines etc.

Cheers
n
Thanks

domedia
08-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Can you upload an example? I think what you're seeing is normal. Unless a line is 100% vertical or horizontal, you're going to see some pixels. It's the nature of how monitors are made. This happens when you have a really thin line. This is the only way the monitor can draw the line.

davidj
08-20-2008, 02:13 PM
zoom into a circle and you will see that its not a circle really

Corrosive
08-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi there, we are using Fireworks CS3 to create some web images and noticed that when we Skew, Distort or Rotate an image that is 250px x 150px it distorts very badly.

After Skewing, the edges and lines are straight but pixulated. Is there a work around or am I doing something wrong?

If possible, we would like to Rotate an image by 10deg and keep the straight lines etc.

Cheers
n
Thanks

Maybe Photoshop would handle this better? I don't know about FW because PS is my fave design tool but it tends to produce nice results for me when rotate, skew, warp etc are used.

Corrosive
08-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Maybe Photoshop would handle this better? I don't know about FW because PS is my fave design tool but it tends to produce nice results for me when rotate, skew, warp etc are used.

Just realised that's pretty pointless if you don't have Photoshop. If you do, then use it.

domedia
08-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Doesn't matter which app you use, the image will still be displayed using pixels :-/

malhyp
08-20-2008, 10:28 PM
I have attached some examples for you to see.

Cheers

Cary
08-23-2008, 08:06 AM
You should start with a larger version of the image, skew that, and then scale down to what you need.

Rob_Che
08-25-2008, 10:02 PM
You should start with a larger version of the image, skew that, and then scale down to what you need.

Beat me to it.

malhyp
08-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks

I tried using larger image and it worked better. I then tried using Photoshop and got a better result again.

Combination of the both worked just perfectly.

Nor sure why but for some reason Fireworks dosent handle my images that well.

Cheers n thanks for your help.

Mally

King Evil
09-01-2008, 07:20 PM

Cheers
n
Thanks

keep in mind that you are working with bitmaps, not vector graphics.