PDA

View Full Version : Forms

Bradster
08-18-2008, 06:56 PM
:confused: I have a problem with forms i dont know how to send the information filled out in the form to myself i have put in the property box in action

mailto: my email address but it doesnt send

please help and try to be as simple as you can because i am very new to dreamweaver

PLZ HELP :confused:

Corrosive
08-18-2008, 08:23 PM
:confused: I have a problem with forms i dont know how to send the information filled out in the form to myself i have put in the property box in action

mailto: my email address but it doesnt send

please help and try to be as simple as you can because i am very new to dreamweaver

PLZ HELP :confused:

When you press the submit button it should open a new mail message and you can send it from there. If you want the form to do it all for you (which I suspect you do) then DW can't do this. You need a PHP (or something similar) script server side to handle the info and mail it back to you. Have a look at www.hotscripts.com (http://www.hotscripts.com) and you'll see what I mean.

edbr
08-19-2008, 03:30 AM
be careful of these mail scriptes and check ( google) for any hacking vunerabilities before you use one

Corrosive
08-19-2008, 07:15 AM
be careful of these mail scriptes and check ( google) for any hacking vunerabilities before you use one

Yes, sorry, should have said that :wink: