PDA

View Full Version : Table sizing

chris9486
08-18-2008, 11:51 AM
I have decided to remake my website;

www.cjs-photography.co.uk

using tables. I have a problem though. I have set the table width to 800 and the height to 550. Even though I set the dimensions of the table, from page to page they are different sizes. Is there a way around this?

www.cjs-photography.co.uk/new

davidj
08-18-2008, 01:09 PM
CSS is the way to go

if you have made the decision to rebuild your site now is the ideal opportunity to learn some new skills

chris9486
08-18-2008, 01:29 PM
CSS is the way to go

if you have made the decision to rebuild your site now is the ideal opportunity to learn some new skills

CSS to size my tables?

How do I do that?

I am learning new parts of CSS as I go along and have used it to style my text and to organise stuff into divs. Not sure if divs are part of css but I use the css part of dreamweaver cs3 to edit them.

domedia
08-18-2008, 02:22 PM
CSS to size my tables?

How do I do that?
Basic CSS:
<table style="width: 340px;">

I am learning new parts of CSS as I go along and have used it to style my text and to organise stuff into divs. Not sure if divs are part of css but I use the css part of dreamweaver cs3 to edit them. a DIV is a neutral block element you can use in HTML. With CSS you can style this element and all other HTML element like BODY, H1, ADDRESS, SPAN etc :)

chris9486
08-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Basic CSS:
<table style="width: 340px;"> a DIV is a neutral block element you can use in HTML. With CSS you can style this element and all other HTML element like BODY, H1, ADDRESS, SPAN etc :)

I already have my table style html. I have defined a width and a height yet it still changes in size between pages. :(

domedia
08-18-2008, 02:43 PM
we must be talking in circles..