PDA

View Full Version : Open Page in a New Window, not always on top

theoilman
08-17-2008, 05:50 PM
I searched and found a number of threads on this general topic, but not that had (or mentioned) my problem.

When I open a page in a new window the first time the new window comes up on top. Then leaving the new window open and going back to the first window, if I use a different link to open in the same second window (using 'window name' in the behavior) the new page opens in this same window, but it does NOT come up on top (the page opens, just the window stays underneath).

I am on CS3, and using the 'Open Browser Window' behavior.

Also a couple of strange things about this, maybe its just the way CS3 works: I have to put the window name in both the link properties 'target' and the 'Open Browser Window' behavior 'window name'. Also I put the page name in the link properties link box, but in the 'Open Browser Window' 'URL to display' I can just put in a null '#'.

Why you might ask? I am linking to a store on a different site with a reference back to me for credit, then wanting to move to different pages in the store either from my site or within the store without closing either site.

edbr
08-19-2008, 02:37 AM
im a bit confused what you want, can you post your code

theoilman
08-21-2008, 01:42 AM
edbr - I'm not sure what code to list that is causing my problem, so I have put a test page on line. Please go to http://www.the-oilman.com/testingpage.html Note: there are a lot of things here that are unfinished and not set up or laid out yet on this page. This is strictly a testing page for this problem. I did put in a lot of text on what is and isn't happening as I want it to.

I would sincerely appreciate any help with this problem of the 'Open Window' method not working as I thought it should.

If it is doing all it should and that's all I can expect of it I would appreciate knowing that too. Then, is there an entirely different solution to do what I want?

Don