PDA

View Full Version : Missing letters during typing

paulcliman
08-16-2008, 01:03 PM
I have recently changed to a French keyboard (AZERTY rather than QWERTY) and have discovered that (in Dreamweaver only!) whilst editing pages the following letters do not work:
TOP ROW: a t o
MIDDLE ROW: q s d f
LOWER ROW: c v

Can anyone tell me why tghis is happening and how to remedy it?
Thank in anticipation

davidj
08-16-2008, 01:16 PM
keyboard goosed?

neonfluxx
08-16-2008, 02:44 PM
is it American made? Maybe language settings?

Corrosive
08-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Did it come with any driver discs?

paulcliman
08-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated - there is NOTHING wrong with the keyboard (it was bought here in France and I use it all the time here in France) It works perfectly with EVERY piece of software I have EXCEPT dreamweaver!
Is that weird or what? it is just becoming more and more frustrating-I have to prepare all my text on a word processor, then copy and paste the bits I want into Dreamweaver. That's OK for blocks, but when you're just changing a word or two, it drives you nuts!

Corrosive
08-17-2008, 06:27 AM
Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated - there is NOTHING wrong with the keyboard (it was bought here in France and I use it all the time here in France) It works perfectly with EVERY piece of software I have EXCEPT dreamweaver!
Is that weird or what? it is just becoming more and more frustrating-I have to prepare all my text on a word processor, then copy and paste the bits I want into Dreamweaver. That's OK for blocks, but when you're just changing a word or two, it drives you nuts!

That is very strange indeed Paul. I can imagine that is very frustrating :mad: . Which version of DW are you using?

paulcliman
08-17-2008, 07:58 AM
It's Dreamweaver 8; getting desperate, p - l - e - a - s - e help!

Corrosive
08-17-2008, 08:57 AM
It's Dreamweaver 8; getting desperate, p - l - e - a - s - e help!

Sorry Paul. I really can't think of anything. If it was an older vers of DW there may have been something in that. Have you tried the adobe support centre?

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/

d a v e
08-17-2008, 09:22 AM
did you change your keyboard AFTER installing dreamweaver? it may be worth trying to reinstall DW??