PDA

View Full Version : resolution problem??

Bradster
08-14-2008, 08:02 PM
I have a problem with my website displaying properly. On my desktop PC it looks fine but on my laptop everything goes wrong. I think it is a resolution thing but don't know for a fact. Images are showing in the wrong place and tables are distorted etc

any advice would be appreciated :confused: :confused:

also i am using dreamweaver mx

Corrosive
08-14-2008, 08:07 PM
I have a problem with my website displaying properly. On my desktop PC it looks fine but on my laptop everything goes wrong. I think it is a resolution thing but don't know for a fact. Images are showing in the wrong place and tables are distorted etc

any advice would be appreciated :confused: :confused:

also i am using dreamweaver mx

Is it online? can you post the URL please?

Bradster
08-16-2008, 07:00 PM
the website is http://www.webcraftpro.co.uk

Ricky55
08-16-2008, 07:45 PM
This looks bad in Safari, the graphics are set to be fixed by the look of it while the text is floated, it's just creating a mess when you resize the browser window

Corrosive
08-16-2008, 09:35 PM
the website is http://www.webcraftpro.co.uk

Almost all your tables are width %. This means they are a % of whatever the screen size is. Looks great if you resize or change your screen resolution perfectly to fit your site. Otherwise it's a complete mess. Suggest you looked at px widths instead to get a more 'fixed' layout when the browser resizes.

d a v e
08-17-2008, 06:26 AM
and for "experts within the web" you shouldn't be using tables for layout anyway! stay away from absolutely positioned elements as well, if you can help it ;)

Bradster
08-17-2008, 11:13 AM
thanks a lot for all your help ill get to work on it right away

Corrosive
08-17-2008, 11:57 AM
and for "experts within the web" you shouldn't be using tables for layout anyway! stay away from absolutely positioned elements as well, if you can help it ;)

Dave is right Bradster. You should be building sites with CSS to offer 'pro' services.

ankur_itbhu
09-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Almost all your tables are width %. This means they are a % of whatever the screen size is. Looks great if you resize or change your screen resolution perfectly to fit your site. Otherwise it's a complete mess. Suggest you looked at px widths instead to get a more 'fixed' layout when the browser resizes.

I too have a similar issue...

px width instead of fixed where?

my website is www.incrediblevaranasi.com