PDA

View Full Version : CSS Design View issue

italialiving
08-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Hello. I had a web design firm create my website for me in Dreamweaver. I have been able to always see my .html pages of my site exactly as they would look online when I edit them in the Design view. However, now when I open any of my page .html files for editing, they are now showing up with everything appearing with different text, black color, and not layed out in the normal view, and most images not showing as it was in the past where I can actually see the exact page as I am editing it. I have not changed anything, so I don't know what could have happend.

I've contacted the designer who has said he can't find anything wrong because it all appears fine online. All of the correct things are checked off for displaying styles, etc. Suggested I do an update because of significant improvements with rendering of CSS stylesheets in the latest version. Did that...still no change.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I don't think just reinstalling the program would change this.

Thanks so much for any insights!

Cary
08-13-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm not sure why it's not displaying correctly for you, but it sounds like DW isn't finding the style sheet. In addition, the code on line 124 (highlighted in yellow) is messed up. It has improperly nested tags and content in table row (tr) where it's not allowed instead of within the table data cell (td).