PDA

View Full Version : Resizing page written in HTML

bybster
08-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I am recently created a website (strictly HTML) of about 20 pages using my mac version of dreamweaver. I tested the page website for sizing in both Firefox and Safari on my mac. I recently went over to a PC and opened the same website with Firefox, it comes in very large.
I need to shorten my entire webpages including all the content inside. Is there a way to do this quickly?

I also need to know how to create a web template that will expand to the size of that the browser allows for my future projects. Can anyone offer guidance?

Thx,

Bybster

domedia
08-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I need to shorten my entire webpages including all the content inside. Is there a way to do this quickly? It completely depends on how you made your website.

I also need to know how to create a web template that will expand to the size of that the browser allows for my future projects. Can anyone offer guidance? You have to use any technique that does not use absolute widths. The most common one is called 'liquid layout'

bybster
08-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I created it using tables with sizes width="1200" height="600"... all the content and images inside are sized appropriate to the space inside... on my mac, this size seemed to have more than adequate space, but on a PC this is not the case.

Corrosive
08-11-2008, 04:58 PM
I created it using tables with sizes width="1200" height="600"... all the content and images inside are sized appropriate to the space inside... on my mac, this size seemed to have more than adequate space, but on a PC this is not the case.

This depends entirely on the size of the monitor and what screen resolution the PC is set to. If it looks that much deifferent then you are viewing it on a PC with a lower resolution (think, the lower the number the more 'zoomed in' it is). You will struggle to get a table based design to resize and 1200 wide is quite wide indeed.

You need to learn CSS and div tag methods for building sites and probably go back to the drawing board.