PDA

View Full Version : Can i add a Pre-loader to an entire page ?

Chapo
08-07-2008, 10:07 PM
i wan to add a pre-loader so the page will apear nice and not pre-loading everything all around the browser... kind of like flash

www.fotobelleza.com

Ricky55
08-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Not without using Flash.

HTML pages don't have preloaders, for one thing the content shouldn't take long enough to load to justify a preloader.

edbr
08-08-2008, 01:34 AM
your site is image heavy, and has to but perhaps you should look at optimising at least the thumbnails more with links to better quality images

Chapo
08-08-2008, 01:40 AM
EDBR.... i already optimise the thumbnails to a medium .jpeg quality in Photoshop... but i didn't understand about "more with links to better quality images ".... how is that, what to you refer ?

Chapo
08-08-2008, 01:41 AM
Ricky... is there a way that i could add a Flash pre-loaders to a HTML page in Dreamweaver ?

edbr
08-08-2008, 02:19 AM
my apologies you are right they are fine, I dont know I thought they were links, but now im curious what do you want the loader for?

Chapo
08-08-2008, 02:55 AM
EDBR.... actually they are Future links... so now i understand. Those thumbnails are going to become links as soon as i get the other links... but the preloader is because the page is so heavy in content... to many layers (hide-show layers) that when you first enter the page it starts to download the page contents all around and looks like my Bedroom all messed up...hehe.. So i just curious if it was possible a preloader to at least be more likely to wait until its fully or almost done downloading the page.