PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver site not loading properly on pc's, works fine on mac's.

toddtodd
08-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey everybody,

I'm a first time web designer and I just launched a new site that I created in Dreamweaver CS3 for mac's. Everything works fine when I view it on different mac browsers, but the site doesn't load properly on some pc browsers, namely Internet Explorer.

Here's the site-
http://www.toddeisner.com/

For some reason, the left-hand navigation loads above the images on some pc browsers. Is this a padding / margins issues? Does anybody have any tips for fixing this?

Thanks,

Todd

Corrosive
08-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Hey everybody,

I'm a first time web designer and I just launched a new site that I created in Dreamweaver CS3 for mac's. Everything works fine when I view it on different mac browsers, but the site doesn't load properly on some pc browsers, namely Internet Explorer.

Here's the site-
http://www.toddeisner.com/

For some reason, the left-hand navigation loads above the images on some pc browsers. Is this a padding / margins issues? Does anybody have any tips for fixing this?

Have you tried floating your #maincontent div? Btw, better to put CSS styles in seperate stylesheet IMHO.

toddtodd
08-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure I know how to float my #maincontent div (I'm a real amateur at this), but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again for your help.

Corrosive
08-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure I know how to float my #maincontent div (I'm a real amateur at this), but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again for your help.

Just add float: right; to your CSS definitions of the maincontent Div. I'm not saying it will work...but it might. You must have got as far as you have by knowing some CSS, no?

Ricky55
08-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Really like your site BTW, like the books as an interface, would be even better if you got some feedback on rollover.

Different, good to see.

toddtodd
08-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks everyone, I got it fixed. Had to change the width % in the main content box. Thanks for all your help.

Corrosive
08-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks everyone, I got it fixed. Had to change the width % in the main content box. Thanks for all your help.

Nice one, it's always the simple things but you can't see for looking :wink:

I have to agree with Ricky btw. Your site is great and the work you do really appeals to me. I'm going to go and have a proper look round :-D .

domedia
08-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi todd, just spent some time on your site. Loved the illustrations and comics!