PDA

View Full Version : Re: Synchronizing with DW CS3

malhyp
08-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Hi there, we have been using Dreamweaver CS3 since it first came out and we synchronize at the end of every day to update any files that we have edited and also at the same time delete any files on the server that are no longer needed.

For some reason in the past few weeks, the synchronizing process takes up to 20 minutes where as before hand it only used to take a minute at the most.

I have called the host and internet service provider and they both say that everything is fine on their end.

Can anyone suggest what it could be, I am sure that it will be the host or isp but having problems proving it.

Any suggestions/comments greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Shane MC

davidj
08-04-2008, 07:57 AM
dont use dreamweaver to perform this task

would it not be easier to use a dedicated FTP client to update your live content at the end of the day. You could automate this as well

I sugest you try using Coffee Cup or Cute FTP just to see if it is Dreamweaver causing this problem then at least you will know whats happening

domedia
08-04-2008, 02:17 PM
If nothing else changed on your end, it's sounds like it's your host. Did you ask them if anything changed on their end lately?

Hi there, we have been using Dreamweaver CS3 since it first came out and we synchronize at the end of every day to update any files that we have edited and also at the same time delete any files on the server that are no longer needed.

For some reason in the past few weeks, the synchronizing process takes up to 20 minutes where as before hand it only used to take a minute at the most.

I have called the host and internet service provider and they both say that everything is fine on their end.

Can anyone suggest what it could be, I am sure that it will be the host or isp but having problems proving it.

Cheers
Shane MC

domedia
08-04-2008, 02:21 PM
The synchronization is useful when several members of a team updates and works on he same files. Regular FTP only transfers files, it doesn't have any File Control capability. Think FTP vs CVS, they're completely different.

dont use dreamweaver to perform this task

would it not be easier to use a dedicated FTP client to update your live content at the end of the day. You could automate this as well

I sugest you try using Coffee Cup or Cute FTP just to see if it is Dreamweaver causing this problem then at least you will know whats happening

Corrosive
08-04-2008, 04:33 PM

Cheers
Shane MC

This will either be your host or ISP I'd have thought. Have you checked your download broadband speed recently? If that is as it should be then go back to your hosts again.