PDA

View Full Version : Design View using WAMP?

Tcat
08-02-2008, 06:09 AM
Hello Everyone.
Thanks to the video tutorial. I was able to successfully install WAMP on my development machine. I have a shopping cart I'm using and trying to do some major edits to the various templates.

The problem I've got is I was thinking that using WAMP and Dreamweaver CS3 I would be able to view the template pages in design view (I usually have split screen of code/design view) going. I was HOPING with WAMP I would be able to see the live page while I was making edits to it. Unfortunately I still don't get that. It looks the same as it did before I installed WAMP.

http://www.jeffersonenergy.com/images/wampsample.jpg

Best I can tell I am making a good connection to localhost and I have the database and everything configured correctly. At least no errors are jumping out at me.

I really need to figure out if I can do this, trying to make these edits in Code view and then uploading/viewing the page 100 times is eating up an incredible amount of time.

If anyone can direct me to an FAQ or has any info they can offer, I would be greatful!!.

If it's of interest the cart I'm working with is Digishop from sumeffect.com and I am using Dreamweaver CS3.

Thanks!!
Drew

davidj
08-02-2008, 09:01 AM
not sure about this functionality

i view and debug through the browser and therefore can identify layout issues as well as test code

neonfluxx
08-02-2008, 04:42 PM
It looks like your not configured right. You also may not be connecting to the css file. Hints why you have a divs shooting all the way across the screen .

Tcat
08-05-2008, 01:06 AM
neon,
at the risk of sounding ignorant :roll:
Is functionality like this even possible? I was sort of expecting (with my dbase connection) that the split view (design/code) it would pretty much look like it looked if I was previewing it in a browser. Maybe i'm asking too much of Dreamweaver.

To be specific, it's general css changes I need to make on these templates and the current output from the screenshot just isnt helpful. The style sheet for this template is ungodly long, trying to hack it by hand is proving difficult.

neonfluxx
08-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Please PM me and i will assist

davidj
08-05-2008, 05:42 AM
would it not help others with the same problem if the solution was posted in forum?