PDA

View Full Version : problem with template

shereen
07-29-2008, 01:39 PM
i have problem when i start create page from template
first i creat template as following
file>save as template
then i creat editable region by choosing the region then right click new aditable region
and after i finished editable region i save the template
after that i create new page from template
but my problem that after create the new page the source code appear as grey not active and i cannot change it except at editable region
how i can solve that problem because it is problem for the developer they cannot add php code
i load the template and image how my source code appear
i hope to find solution for that problem
thank you very much

domedia
07-29-2008, 01:51 PM
This is the whole point of the DW template system. You are only able to edit the editable regions.

If you're going to use PHP on your pages, then don't use the DW template system.

shereen
07-30-2008, 06:25 AM
thank you very much for your answer but what is the solution of that problem is there other way to make template and make pages from it and give it to developer.
please i want to solve this problem or i have to make acopy from that page without make template how i can solve that.

edbr
07-30-2008, 07:09 AM
the answer is to add page elements as a php include

shereen
07-30-2008, 07:38 AM
thank you very much but i have equation the html code is disable is there anyway to enable that code

domedia
07-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Can you rephrase the last post please shereen?

I think the answer to your question is just to make a normal HTML page for your programmers. Don't even use Dreamweaver's template system. They are not meant to be used the way you're using them now.