PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Installation error

Rich1e
07-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi, When I try to install Dreamweaver CS3 I get the Windows error message that there is a conflicting file, therefore it is unable to install - I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. Does anyone know how to solve this?
Thanks.http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Ricky55
07-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Get a mac.

Have you checked to make sure you have no open programs running.

neonfluxx
07-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Get a mac.

Now that's the truth. I was a avid windows user of windows till i went to mac. The decision to move to Apple is the best decision (as far as technology) I have ever made.

edbr
07-29-2008, 05:36 AM
have you any macromedia files from a past installation?

davidj
07-29-2008, 07:46 AM
horses for courses

mac's are a one trick pony. (2 tricks if you include looking cool)

if your looking for a tool which is capable of doing everything then its a PC

if your looking for a tool which looks cool and is primally aimed at the design industry then its a mac

domedia
07-29-2008, 12:51 PM
mac's are a one trick pony. (2 tricks if you include looking cool) And as you know it's OS is Unix based :)

Ricky55
07-29-2008, 07:53 PM
At least Macs have two tricks PC's don't have any, they're like a old knackered donkey on Blackpool beach.

Corrosive
07-29-2008, 08:15 PM
At least Macs have two tricks PC's don't have any, they're like a old knackered donkey on Blackpool beach.

My PC does two tricks. It catches viruses and then breaks down to a point where I have to rebuild it. Not good tricks mind you :(

davidj
07-29-2008, 08:25 PM
thats why all the major corporations around the world have bought into mac

In the market outside of new media you will find most companies have PC workstations. The support, extendability and infrastructure is well established and there are allot of third party vendors supplying hard and software at a fair price

don't get me wrong I'm not against mac's like i said horses for courses.

Ricky55
07-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Only messing mate, I agree PC's and Macs do both have their pros and cons.

I was a staunch PC user, bang into them until Vista came out, thought that was poor and decided to try a Mac, not looked backed since.

The looks, the OS, to my mind they're just better but each to their own I guess. Don't know if you've used Leopard? but its just streets ahead of XP and vista.

davidj
07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
try linux on a pc

now thats bling

daweb
07-30-2008, 07:17 PM
I had this problem and do you have an older version installed?
From my memory, in the common files folder you can delete the directory and install.

Rich1e
07-30-2008, 07:38 PM
The Mac sounds very good however, this debate is not helping me out as I have a PC. To add to my original quesion I am led to believe that it is something to to do with windows that is conflicting with the dreamweaver program (windows error message) and i have deleted all adobe software from the computer but this makes no difference.

Any Ideas

Thanks

daweb
07-30-2008, 07:44 PM
You are going through what I went throw and there is a lot of people having same issue. There are fixes, what is the EXACT Error?

davidj
07-30-2008, 07:45 PM
reinstall windows then dreamweaver before installing anything else

d a v e
07-30-2008, 08:47 PM
have you contacted adobe support?

neonfluxx
07-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Well I have to comment on this one:

Since I am certified in both lets get this down to the truth!

First: windows (I.E. Microsoft) has never created a product of their own!!! Their system is based on other software developments. Windows is used by 90% of the computing world. (mostly end users) It has only dominated due to the fact that it was installable on any PC for a very low price. It is not the best by any means and if you use it for development then you are headed for problems as windows is penetrated like a dirty whore every hour of the day.

As for Mac: To be correct, Mac is Linux (Darwin to be exact)!!!!!! Linux and Unix are the two most widely used among web host and large companies. Why? To ensure security and flexibility. The over all design of Unix and Linux as a whole was to ensure security with the best possible performance from the hardware in your system. Mac combines the best of both Unix and Linux in OS X. That's why it is considered the best OS on the planet. The cost of Apple High End systems are very expensive and not to the benefit of the average user. I have a Mac 8-core with 32-gigs of memory and 4 TB of storage. The machine cost me 19 Grand without the monitors and 25 with the monitors. So mac is just not the best choice for the average web developer.

While it is true that windows PC's and Apple PC's stand on two different plates, The mac will kick the hell out of any windows based computer any time any where. Why, Because it is Linux and Unix Combined. Point Blank.

I would be a liar if I said I didn't use windows though. As My mac is in dual boot mode and I do use windows. But only on the low end of things.

daweb
07-31-2008, 12:13 AM
I agree with you neonfluxx...
In this particular issue the finger has pointed both ways, windows OS or adobe. But yes at the end of t he day, it is a windows issue as only windows users have had this problem.

Corrosive
07-31-2008, 06:12 AM
I have a Mac 8-core with 32-gigs of memory and 4 TB of storage. The machine cost me 19 Grand without the monitors and 25 with the monitors.

Why do I get the feeling you went through all that just to 'let slip' how much your Mac cost?

neonfluxx
07-31-2008, 06:31 AM
actually I was just trying to make a point in the differences, But no i not bashful about the fact i can afford nice stuff. Thats what I busted my ass for all these years.

edbr
07-31-2008, 07:31 AM
this is a debate without end and is not helping the guys question.

davidj
07-31-2008, 09:42 AM
why would you want a machine that expensive?????

what on earth do you need to compute which requires that level of power and expense or are you just talking shite

I think its the latter

d a v e
07-31-2008, 10:51 AM
so did the OP contact adobe support yet??

daweb
07-31-2008, 11:15 AM
I like your setup by the way... Your pic on your site
Originally Posted by neonfluxx http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=141882#post141882)
I have a Mac 8-core with 32-gigs of memory and 4 TB of storage. The machine cost me 19 Grand without the monitors and 25 with the monitors.

davidj
07-31-2008, 11:41 AM
daweb

please don't believe all thats posted

no one in their right mind would purchase such a machine unless they have a specific requirement and opening Dreamweaver does not qualify

also there is a clue its been taken from another source by the way this line reads....

The machine cost me 19 Grand without the monitors and 25 with the monitors.

So did the machine cost 19k or 25k ????

if you remove the word 'me' from the sentence it starts to makes sense.

daweb
07-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Thank you for clarification...
Getting back to helping this person out (or bot)

I remember when I had this problem I found all kinds of resolutions, but here is one from Adobe site...
http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:CpEVe0H-hfgJ:kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do%3FexternalId%3Dkb401551+Dreamweaver +CS3+install+conflict&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Corrosive
07-31-2008, 04:05 PM
So did the machine cost 19k or 25k ????

I read it that the monitors were 6K!!! You could buy a cinema for that :wink:

Edbr is right, I don't think this thread is helping Rich's problem.

neonfluxx
07-31-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm a professional editor you and i use avid and autodesk smoke for work daily which both require heeps of power. HR rendering is very power hungry and with the use of such programs as Maya, XSI, Zaxwerks and Media Composer there is a lot of memory and space required. That is actually a very cheep cost for what we do here in the office.

The Avid System was far more than that and so was Autodesk Smoke! That dosen't even include the audio engineering and all the equipment for the render farm and the media pipeline. We are a professional studio with loads of equipment and that was just a little part of what we do.

Do be upset DJ as it's not my fault your a broke PHP programmer. :wink:

Veiw part of the studio here. http://www.productionjunky.com/studio.html I was on the cover of a local magazine here due to my studio.

neonfluxx
07-31-2008, 04:30 PM
I read it that the monitors were 6K!!! You could buy a cinema for that :wink:

I do have a cinema Display. Special editing display from sharp thats 32" and does all the different aspects of editing, It does NTSC, PAL, HD 1080p, 1080i and 24p. I also have three 22 Inch monitors for desktop editing you can view that here http://www.productionjunky.com.

No need to BS, My dear DJ I can back my shizit.

Corrosive
07-31-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm a professional editor

Ahhh, that explains a LOT. In which case 25k is about right. I just had visions of you sat at home in front of a whooping great Mac and wondering how to begin taking over the world with it :wink:

Sorry fella, I understand now.

Corrosive
07-31-2008, 04:38 PM
I do have a cinema Display. Special editing display from sharp thats 32" and does all the different aspects of editing, It does NTSC, PAL, HD 1080p, 1080i and 24p. I also have three 22 Inch monitors for desktop editing you can view that here http://www.productionjunky.com.

Can we come round and watch Neighbours??

Sorry, British joke I think. Just spotted you are American.

neonfluxx
07-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Ahhh, that explains a LOT. In which case 25k is about right. I just had visions of you sat at home in front of a whooping great Mac and wondering how to begin taking over the world with it :wink:

Sorry fella, I understand now.

No worries mate and if you ever need any help in that area please don't be afraid to ask. I am more than happy to lend a hand with expertise. Video is a huge part of the internet and most people don't know how to incorporate it properly. Like I said anyone in need of video help just let me know.

Even you Mr. DJ :wink:

neonfluxx
07-31-2008, 04:44 PM
That was funny Corrosive, very funny lol (peekaboo)

d a v e
07-31-2008, 06:47 PM
is the op still around? :)

domedia
07-31-2008, 07:10 PM
You guys think the OP is around when you've gone OT for 4 pages?? :)

Corrosive
07-31-2008, 07:32 PM
You guys think the OP is around when you've gone OT for 4 pages?? :)

We're sorry :(

davidj
07-31-2008, 07:39 PM
im not

just taken the gloves off as well

shucks

domedia
07-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Closing thread guys.. this is getting out of hand and I just deleted the last post in here . Please show respect for the OT and each other. :(

And remember there's always the DW cafe forum where you can ramble about anything you want (as long as you guys play nice!) ;)