PDA

View Full Version : File Download

djt
07-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi fellas

I am new to this site and also have a very basic knowledge of Dreamweaver. I have recently started using CSS to create my own website.

I would like to include an Excel spreadsheet that can be downloaded by clicking an icon / button.

Here is a link to a website with an example of what I would like:

http://www.winningracingtips.co.uk/performance.htm

Cheers in advance

tux
07-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi DJT,

Welcome to the forum.

Just add an image and or a piece of text and link it to the spreadsheet file on your server. When the user clicks on the link they will get the Download File dialogue.

Regards, Paul

djt
07-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Cheers Tux

I didn't realise it would be that simple :grin:

tux
07-25-2008, 06:06 PM
No worries mate, there will be harder things. That you can be sure of.

You came to the right place when you found DWC, the knowledge here is second to none, the people are fun and eagre to help.

I stumbled across DWC about 2 years ago coz I had one problem I was trying to sort. I still login most days even now just to see whats going on.

Welcome.

domedia
07-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Welcome to the forum djt!
Thanks for the nice words tux!

djt
07-26-2008, 12:35 AM
No worries mate, there will be harder things. That you can be sure of.

You came to the right place when you found DWC, the knowledge here is second to none, the people are fun and eagre to help.

I stumbled across DWC about 2 years ago coz I had one problem I was trying to sort. I still login most days even now just to see whats going on.

Welcome.
Yeah it looks quality mate. A friend directed me to it and I bookmarked it straight away lol.

I'll post a link to my site when it's finished, hopefully this weekend / early next week.