PDA

View Full Version : work flow..

africano
07-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Ive probably asked this before, but seeing as I dont have a clear idea Id like to enquier further (with the danger that that implies!:().
What is the usual work flow once the first index page is setup?
In my fisrt project once I made my index page, I saved it as a template and made editable regions to the areas that MIGHT change of the site, then I made new html pages of the rest of the site, applied the template to thema nd edited those EDITABLE REGIONS.
Is this the most used method or how do you guys do it?
:grin:
Africano.

domedia
07-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Do you make a page and then apply the template?
I though the approach was to select 'new page from template'

I have not dabbled in DW's template system in years. I consider it 'the poor mans dynamic site'.

africano
07-25-2008, 02:06 PM
yeah you are right...when I say I make a new page I mean, open new HTML page, and I then apply the template.
So what method do you use?

Corrosive
07-25-2008, 03:58 PM
yeah you are right...when I say I make a new page I mean, open new HTML page, and I then apply the template.

create your main layout elements, constant throughout your site, with CSS. Save the page. Build everything else from this page.

Never used templates but from half the questions on here they sound like a NIGHTMARE :x

domedia
07-25-2008, 04:30 PM
back then I used the proper approach of selecting "new page ->from template"

applying template to an existing page is only used when you have to add a template to an existing page afaik.