PDA

View Full Version : sleipnir browser

edbr
07-25-2008, 04:47 AM
just seen this a japanese browser, in English making an attempt at competing with ms and FF, by cliking a button will switch from Trident (ie7) to gecko (firefox) browser engines.

http://www.fenrir-inc.com/uk/sleipnir/downloads/

edbr
07-25-2008, 06:02 AM
interesting plug in

Hawkeye is the Web development auxiliary Tool which can reduce your scowl lines. This allows you to work out Webpage without glaring at source code. This has the User Interface which holds the line against existing tools, and can do fixing the layout, correcting error of CSS and HTML, and verification of omission of recording. You can do irksome task without stress.
translation??

edbr
07-25-2008, 11:23 AM
basically you can view a page in split view, gecko in 1, trident in another, and with hawkeye you can edit the pages live.
worth downloading less than 5 megs

domedia
07-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Trying to find their edge.. I've been using Flock for a wile which is built specifically for pople using social media on the web. I fail to find what makes Sleipnir different..

Their U.S site has better English *cough* (ironic I know) :)
http://www.fenrir-inc.com/us/sleipnir/

Also interesting that they use old Nordic mythological names (Fenrir, Sleipnir)

davidj
07-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Also interesting that they use old Nordic mythological names (Fenrir, Sleipnir)

did they forget Ove

thats a Nordic mythological name that only the trees dare whisper

edbr
07-28-2008, 01:51 AM
I have never used flock, just liked the split ie + ff view. havent tried the making live changes yet. Flock does that?
what about anti social sites? more my type of site :)

domedia
07-28-2008, 02:17 PM
thats a Nordic mythological name that only the trees dare whisper The company is Asian so I thought it was interesting :)

I have never used flock, just liked the split ie + ff view. havent tried the making live changes yet. Flock does that? Hmm no, was not aware that it did that.. I thought for sure they said on their website they only used one rendering engine.
what about anti social sites? more my type of site :) Anti-Social sites are best viewed in IE afaik ;)

edbr
07-29-2008, 02:01 AM
Hmm no, was not aware that it did that.. I thought for sure they said on their website they only used one rendering engine.
no they have a gekko download and you can switch views or view both in split view, and make changes live (still not tried that though)