PDA

View Full Version : changing to an external style sheet?

Ariel
07-22-2008, 10:59 PM
I have one style that I have had to keep internal. One of the pages from my site is below:

Miss Haughty Hollyhock (http://www.vanyamelda.com/short_stories/miss_haughty_hollyhock.html)

The problem is that it is an initial cap that I used absolute positioning for and because there are other pages using an initial cap but at different positions, I don't know if I can move it to my external style sheet. Is it OK to just leave it as an internal style?

Thanks for any help! :)

edbr
07-23-2008, 12:44 AM
yes you can move it (I would personally). If you keep it on page, or in any case, beware of any conflict with styles

Ariel
07-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks for your response, edbr. However, I'm afraid that if I move it, the other pages that use the same rule will be affected. The initial caps on the other pages are at different locations. Does that make sense?

edbr
07-24-2008, 01:36 AM
not completely, if you have a style/ lass in a style sheet named ie capital, any page linked to that style sheet calling that class will use it. you can create different classes or different style sheets but this defeats the object generally

d a v e
07-24-2008, 06:06 AM
why absolutely postion it? can't you use display block and play with the margins to get it where you want? google drop cap and you will get some css results for it.

Ariel
07-25-2008, 02:06 AM
Thanks dave, I will have to play around with your idea. But wouldn't I have to come up with a different name for each initial cap style in order to put it into an external style sheet because each page has a different position for the initial cap?