PDA

View Full Version : noobie and thankful for this site

akakingess
07-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Let me preface this by letting all know that I am one of those wet behind the ears and trying my best to do what I can on my own. However, I have what will be a simple/ignorant question that the collective geniouses here will either laugh at (understandable) or be able to help through the laughter. I am building my first site w/dreamweaver and decided to add some flash buttons at the top of the page for navigation, etc. Any time I open the site to look at it my browser asks me to authorize ActiveX control before the flash buttons appear. Is this normal or should I take out the flash buttons and go with some of the cools menus that I just tonight found out could be done within dw itself? Is the ActiveX normal for flash buttons or did I configure something wrong. I know this is not too much info to go by, but any advice or even consideration is much appreciated in advance. Thank you all again for this forum and the use of the knowledge that you all have obtained.

Earl

davidj
07-20-2008, 09:31 AM
hi mate

welcome to the forum

apologies for moving your post from the introductions but felt this would be best put here as you dove straight into a question.

regarding your question

try uploading your page and buttons and testing from a live environment

akakingess
07-20-2008, 09:57 AM
I am so new to this that I didn't think to post an introduction and then post the question seperately. Thank you for the advice and as soon as we go live we will see what that does, however, i am learning that there are a whole lot of built in to DW that I may not even use the flash buttons. Thanks for the quick response and doing so respectively, if I didn't have to get up in a few hours I would experiment more later today, but I can guarantee that I will be frequently and maybe some years down the road I may be able to give back a little bit of what ya'll have already helped with. Thanks again and look forward to chatting with you again real soon.

Corrosive
07-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Welcome to DWC Forum

The Active X Control shouldn't appear when you are in the live environment.

Cary
07-22-2008, 02:58 AM
Any time I open the site to look at it my browser asks me to authorize ActiveX control before the flash buttons appear. Is this normal...

This is normal, at least for IE, depending on one's OS. You can avoid this by inserting the Mark of the Web code from the menu, Commands > Insert Mark of the Web.

This will insert a comment between the doctype and opening html tag which tells IE it's okay to view the page locally.

akakingess
07-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Thank you all for the assistance. I have been reading the replies just haven't had time to thank you all formally yet. This is sort of a hobby/second job I am trying out with a partner and I was the lucky one picked to build us a site. Hopefully soon I will be able to show it to you once we publish it, but just remember it is only a rough draft and a firt timer that I will be putting up at first. Thank you all again for your support and wealth of knowledge.

Earl

akakingess
07-22-2008, 11:46 AM
One more thing, I definitely plan on using this entire site (dreamweaverclub.com) as often as possible and especially the forum, but I will try to find the answers myself before bothering ya'll with the silly questions. Thanks again.

Earl

davidj
07-22-2008, 01:46 PM
you can bother us as often as you like

thats why we are here

domedia
07-22-2008, 02:25 PM
thats why we are here Talk for yourself. I heard that creating forums made you popular among the ladies.

davidj
07-22-2008, 08:14 PM
just my jabba looks

even have my own princes on a chain

akakingess
07-24-2008, 09:15 AM
dang, you get ladies doing this, I should have started years ago!!

domedia
07-24-2008, 11:56 AM
dang, you get ladies doing this, I should have started years ago!! Supposedly yes.. haven't seen any results yet..

edbr
07-25-2008, 01:31 AM
as much pulling power as a star trek convention

davidj
07-25-2008, 07:12 AM
err a PHP convention please!

strartrek! thats for geeks