PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver help

mach89
07-16-2008, 06:41 PM
ok, so i'm completely new to dreamweaver and website designing in general and am wondering if anyone can give me a quick step by step, nothing too in depth, in creating a generic website with a navigation bar and some tables. I've been using fireworks to create an image of what it's going to be like, i'm just not sure how to take it over to dreamweaver.

thanks

edbr
07-17-2008, 01:01 AM
to be honest it would depend on what you want.
1 if you arestarting avoid tables for generakl web design,use instead divisions (layers)
dreak it into parts, Banner, navigation bar,main content, footer for example . you have to decide where you want these, and thing like how many columns.
There are a number of templatss in DW and some free ones on this site including some with choice of layouts. Have a look at these, open them up and 'pull the wires out' and see what you can get

Corrosive
07-17-2008, 07:13 AM
ok, so i'm completely new to dreamweaver and website designing in general and am wondering if anyone can give me a quick step by step, nothing too in depth, in creating a generic website with a navigation bar and some tables. I've been using fireworks to create an image of what it's going to be like, i'm just not sure how to take it over to dreamweaver.

thanks

Can you post a pic of your layout? Might help us get an idea of what you need. Oh, and Ed is right...don't use tables, use CSS and Div Tags.

mach89
07-19-2008, 11:36 PM
just a rough draft so far, but something along these lines.

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r389/machan89/Page_Template.png

where the left is going to be the navigation and the top bar is going to be a roll over bar for a home , browse , etc. links.

Corrosive
07-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Interesting way of mapping out a web page!

It looks to me like you need a two column layout using CSS. Have a read of the tutorial below and see if you get anywhere.

http://www.digitalfamily.com/dreamweaver/css-two-columns.html

Cheers