PDA

View Full Version : Putting FLV into Dreamweaver Template Error

mmrempen
07-16-2008, 05:47 PM
So I have a template that rules all the pages on my site (http://www.mmrempen.com/films/archive.html), which you can see has multiple movies. I want to put up flash versions of the movies instead of Quicktime, but when I insert the Flash Movie object into one of the individual pages, I get this:

Making this change would require changing code that is locked by a template or a translator. The change will be discarded.

So that's pretty clear what it means, but what exactly is the flash movie trying to change, and how can I get it to change the template accordingly?

Thanks!

neonfluxx
07-16-2008, 09:40 PM
PM me please and I will assist.

.Joel
08-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi Guys,

I am also having this problem. Making a small (20 pages or so) website in Dreamweaver and I am using the Template system to make it easier to update if need be. However when inserting a video it gives me the same error as above.

What is the workaround for this?

Regards,

Joel

edbr
08-06-2008, 08:38 AM
you are trying to insert into an editable region i assume

.Joel
08-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Hi Mate,

Yes I am, however looking at how dreamweaver inserts the code on a non-template based page it also wants to put code in to the head of the document etc.

Regards,

Joel

marknijenhuis
08-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi, The problem is that DW tries to put some code in the <body> tag, which is locked bij the template.
Workaround: Insert the flash-videoas you tried before, but de-select the option 'Prompt user to download Flash Player if neccesary'. It should work fine!

I've tried to put the <body> tag in the template also in an editable region, but DW reacted badly to the idea...