PDA

View Full Version : problem with fonts and colours

ACR
07-13-2008, 04:42 PM
When I open my site on my pc in Internet Explorer, the site is exactly as I want it. When I open the site in Firefox, a number of the font sizes and colours are differnt.

If I open the site on another pc, the font sizes and colours are wrong both in Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Somebody suggested that this is a CSS problem but all looks ok in Dreamweaver.

Any ideas

acr

d a v e
07-13-2008, 05:52 PM
post a link, er, please :)

ACR
07-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi Dave,

I'm new to this game so I've probably done something really stupid. The web site is www.villamimosas.com (http://www.villamimosas.com)

regards

acr

davidj
07-13-2008, 08:32 PM
your paths are all absolute and are pointing to your local machine

these need changing

ACR
07-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi DavidJ.

I will try to figure out how to change it.

Many thanks for the advice.

regards

acr

davidj
07-13-2008, 08:42 PM
i sugest that you get a good book on web design

you need to learn CSS and get to know your HTML

Corrosive
07-14-2008, 12:49 PM
i sugest that you get a good book on web design

you need to learn CSS and get to know your HTML

You also need to look at how your site displays on varied monitor sizes and screen resolutions. I have a big monitor at work and work at 1280 X 1024 and the pictures/layout don't look right to me.

ACR
07-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the advice. The problem is now sorted. Problem now is that when I search on google with the website name, my problem in Dreamweaver Forum shows up. Is there a way to avoid this. I probably diod the wrong thing by putting the web address on my original question.
acr

Corrosive
07-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the advice. The problem is now sorted. Problem now is that when I search on google with the website name, my problem in Dreamweaver Forum shows up. Is there a way to avoid this. I probably diod the wrong thing by putting the web address on my original question.
acr

I don't mean to be rude but who the hell puts an actual URL into Google? Surely if someone already has the web address they'd type it in the address bar, no? If you search 'villa mimosas' the DWC question is nowhere to be seen.

ACR
07-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks for your response
I agree that if you search "villa mimosas" there is no problem but if you tap in "villamimosas" the DWC question shows up.

Corrosive
07-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks for your response
I agree that if you search "villa mimosas" there is no problem but if you tap in "villamimosas" the DWC question shows up.

Fair enough. Maybe edit your earlier post and take the URL out or speak to a forum administrator?