PDA

View Full Version : Rollover Colour change on hotspots

koncept-1
07-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Hi,

I'm a new user to dreamweaver and web design and have to learn it quickly as I start my teacher training in IT in september. This question may sound basic but i just can;t figure it out.

Basically i need to know how to create a colour change when my mouse rolls over the hotspots that i've created.

I've used a main image on the screen and cut this up into various hotspots as its a more graphical website. I want these hotspots to change colour when the mouse moves over them. Can someone please tell me what i need to do. I've tried adding a behaviour to the hotspot and it doesn't seem to work. Any help would be extremely helpful.

Cheers

Matt

Corrosive
07-13-2008, 09:13 AM
I've used a main image on the screen and cut this up into various hotspots as its a more graphical website.

Hi Matt

Putting a graphic on a screen and covering it in 'hotspots' isn't web design and you're not learning the right way to build sites. Don't use tables/layout cells either. If you gotta learn by September then learn about CSS based web design or the kids will laugh you out of the classroom!

Try the CSS tutorials on this site and also...
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/css.html
suggest you start with this one...
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/understanding_css.html

Don't mean to sound like a tw*t but it's best you understand this early (I wish someone had told me).

Good luck and you can always come and ask questions here if you get stuck.

davidj
07-13-2008, 10:48 AM
I start my teacher training in IT in september

i am as well!

Cary
07-16-2008, 02:05 AM
This question may sound basic but i just can't figure it out. Basically i need to know how to create a colour change when my mouse rolls over the hotspots that i've created.

Actually, this is kind of complicated. Do you have this uploaded to a testing server so we can see your code and images? Otherwise it's impossible to help.