PDA

View Full Version : The "insert table" button/command does not work

pakal
07-10-2008, 01:26 AM
I am using DW mx ; I was in the middle of something when Dreamweaver stopped working , showed me an error message and quit (I am on VISTA Biz). When I reload DW I lost the funcionality of the Table button. I can't create a table using the "insert-table" command , nor the "insert-table" button. Nothing happens when I hit it. End If I manually HTML the code , it is properly rendered in the browser but not properly shown in the DW working window.
Any suggestion on how to restore this funcionality ?!?!?!?!

Pakal

edbr
07-10-2008, 05:17 AM
only a reinstall i think

mounty
10-30-2008, 05:06 PM
I am using DW mx ; I was in the middle of something when Dreamweaver stopped working , showed me an error message and quit (I am on VISTA Biz). When I reload DW I lost the funcionality of the Table button. I can't create a table using the "insert-table" command , nor the "insert-table" button. Nothing happens when I hit it. End If I manually HTML the code , it is properly rendered in the browser but not properly shown in the DW working window.
Any suggestion on how to restore this funcionality ?!?!?!?!

Pakal

hi did you get this sorted yet im having same probs

Kev

Corrosive
10-30-2008, 05:17 PM
hi did you get this sorted yet im having same probs

Kev

There are three buttons at the top of the DW main panel that say 'standard', 'expanded' and 'layout'. If you really want to use tables (and I seriously advise against it for the 20th time this week) you need to be in 'layout' mode. Your tables should insert then.

pakal
10-30-2008, 06:00 PM
I have not had a solution to the problem but found a way around :
First I had to reinstall DW. After that if I want to insert a table I just use the Insert Table command BUT LEAVE THE DEFAULT setting (it's the action of changing the default settings that makes the program crash ). After your table is created you can change the setting of your table to your liking either by manually editing the HTML code or modifying the table property in the design view . Hope it will help.
P/