PDA

View Full Version : Browser Compatibility

Jules1777
07-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi all

I have started the initial design of a site, and want to check it work in all browsers before carrying on with more pages.

Problem being: I have checked in Firefox (on mac and PC), Opera (on mac and PC) and Safari (on mac) and everything is appearing fine, but things seem to appear differently in Internet Explorer.

I have uploaded the page to my test site: www.mhstest.org, if anyone knows why I am having the problems with appearance (mainly in the address on the footer) can you please advise me as to how to fix it

Thanks in advance
Jules
:confused:

Corrosive
07-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Hi all

I have started the initial design of a site, and want to check it work in all browsers before carrying on with more pages.

Problem being: I have checked in Firefox (on mac and PC), Opera (on mac and PC) and Safari (on mac) and everything is appearing fine, but things seem to appear differently in Internet Explorer.

I have uploaded the page to my test site: www.mhstest.org (http://www.mhstest.org), if anyone knows why I am having the problems with appearance (mainly in the address on the footer) can you please advise me as to how to fix it

Thanks in advance
Jules
:confused:

Hi Jules

Have you got a screen shot of how you want it to look at all??

Jules1777
07-16-2008, 02:10 PM
I have sorted it now thanks for responding though. I just realised I had 2 styles sheets in the document. Took one of them out and it now works.

Regards

davidj
07-16-2008, 05:38 PM
darn it

its that old 2 style sheet chestnut

gets you every time

Jules1777
07-18-2008, 11:50 AM
it sure does.....dont know why I dont check that first when I discover a problem :)