PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver sessions

Muz
07-03-2008, 02:42 AM
Hi, im creating a page for a user to login and access certain stuffs example do an online quiz. how do i capture the user's username. i have a database for that user listing all his/her details like name, add, username, password.

what i need is that once the user logs in, the page redirects to another page listing something like, "welcome (user's name based on login)".

how do i do that? is it something got to do with "mm_username" or something like that?

davidj
07-03-2008, 07:00 AM
you wanting to use PHP ?

are you wanting to learn how to code?

edbr
07-03-2008, 07:14 AM
you wanting to use PHP ?

are you wanting to learn how to code?
best way to go Muz

davidj
07-03-2008, 07:17 AM
use PHP and learn to code

follow my tutorials in my signature (the building blocks)

do those first then come back and i will help you do what you want

you may even become a programmer if you enjoy the language and the learning curve

you should understand HTML before tackling PHP

Muz
07-04-2008, 01:22 AM
thanks for the replies and video tutorials.

yeap. i do understand html a fair bit. since i need dynamic pages, i need to use php right? i've done the setting up beforehand. i'm using phpmyAdmin for my database manager. my SQL that is. for the server, i'm using wampserver. just to let u have a clearer picture.

but i dont understand how to use the same session once the user login. i do remember i need to use "mm_username" or something. and there is a hidden field i need to use to store the username right?

davidj
07-04-2008, 06:35 AM
there is a login tutorial

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/php-login-script.php

follow the basics before trying this tutorial

there is no shortcut so make sure you do this

Muz
07-07-2008, 04:22 AM
hey davidj. thanks for the tutorial. it was exactly what i needed. now i can get going. thanks!. =)