PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop background

rebeccamaguire
07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm having trouble insterting my photoshop background I created. I saved it as both a gif and jpg....how come it doesnt show up on my dreamweaver page?

m1a2x3x7
07-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Can you post your html code for us?

rebeccamaguire
07-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Well there isnt a code because all I did was insert from the background source. So it shows up fine in DW but in internet, theres nothing... is there a code I'm supossed to put instead of just inserting it through the URL section?

davidj
07-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Well there isnt a code because all I did was insert from the background source

you need to do a basic primer in the web and the languages it uses

i suggest you get a good basic book or cover some beginner tutorials.

If you have inserted an image in dreamweaver then dreamweaver has written some code for this and its this we need to see

rebeccamaguire
07-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks David. I'll check out those links.

Corrosive
07-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Well there isnt a code because all I did was insert from the background source. So it shows up fine in DW but in internet, theres nothing... is there a code I'm supossed to put instead of just inserting it through the URL section?

OK, two questions. 1. Have you used 'insert - image' or gone to 'page properties' and linked it into an image in your site structure i.e. assets folder, images folder and then select the image?

2. Is the folder containing your image uploaded to your web/server space?

If both of these answers are 'yes' then post your code.

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious but experience tells me to always check the obvious stuff first.

domedia
07-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Those links are part of his signature. Can you post the link for your website so we can see the code for your website?

davidj
07-02-2008, 07:35 PM
i wondered what links i had posted!