PDA

View Full Version : turbleshoot my problem please.

covono
07-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi and thanks for the help.

i try to build my first webpage with dreamweaver. (design, i dont know code.)
and i get this message when i want to check my page.
its not in the internet, still all in my computer so i cant send you a link, but its a yellow bar at the top of the browser:

"internet explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or activeX controls that could acces your computer."

i tried to check what exactly trigger this message. so i started a new page.
when the page was completly blank i did not get this message, but as soon as i add a rollover image or navigation bar i got this message again.

Please
why does it happen?
am i the only one that will have this pop up or everyone that will visit my website?
is it possible to fix it without "code"
if no. so how do i fix it... please slowly, i am a complete newb.

Thanks again.

Corrosive
07-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi and thanks for the help.

i try to build my first webpage with dreamweaver. (design, i dont know code.)
and i get this message when i want to check my page.
its not in the internet, still all in my computer so i cant send you a link, but its a yellow bar at the top of the browser:

"internet explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or activeX controls that could acces your computer."

i tried to check what exactly trigger this message. so i started a new page.
when the page was completly blank i did not get this message, but as soon as i add a rollover image or navigation bar i got this message again.

Please
why does it happen?
am i the only one that will have this pop up or everyone that will visit my website?
is it possible to fix it without "code"
if no. so how do i fix it... please slowly, i am a complete newb.

Thanks again.

Hi Covono

You just need to click on the yellow bar and 'allow' the web page to be displayed fully. It happens on every page I build which is not live as well but, when it goes on the net, the yellow bar isn't there any more.

It's OK!! :grin:

covono
07-01-2008, 06:02 PM
alright. thanks :)

Cary
07-03-2008, 01:48 AM
You can also select "Commands" > "Insert Mark of the Web" from the menu. The commented code this adds just after the doctype tells IE the page is okay for viewing.