PDA

View Full Version : Meta Keyword - Intranet

DAVE6726
06-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi new to all this.

I have been dropped in at the deep end and have to look after the pages on a Intranet site. Everything is up and running, but I have to add/amended pages.

My problem is with "keywords". I cannot seem to get them to work. The site has a Search box, type in a word and it should find the page if the keyword is there.

Pages that are already created and have keywords come back no problem.
If I add a keyword to an already created page, it finds it no problem.
But, when I create a page and add keywords, those pages are not found?
I have even copied an already created page and deleted the original keywords and added others in place, and the pages cannot be found.

It must be something simple. Does anyone have any idea or could point me in the right direction. Remember this is just a page search within a company Intranet. It is not being used over www.

Heres hoping.

Dave

davidj
07-01-2008, 06:19 AM
My problem is with "keywords". I cannot seem to get them to work. The site has a Search box, type in a word and it should find the page if the keyword is there.

OK what are you using. A CMS?

there will be some code to handle the search feature unless this feature is an automatic function of the CMS if your using one. If your not using a CMS then this search function must have been written for the site so there could be more to it than just adding a page.

///////
no offence intended Dave but don't you just love non techie managers....

bad management example...

"Shit. We are way behind on the project. We are needing a java programmer to speed things up... tell Emma on reception she can assist after lunch. She can buy a book from amazon".

domedia
07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23515