PDA

View Full Version : Hosting issues

africano
06-28-2008, 04:26 PM
First of...I feel a bit bad about opening many diferent threads, dont want to get annoying or on anyones nerves! but they are all different topics!

Im doing my own site and Ive got my hosting,
Now my friend whants me to make him and his band a basic website so they can have pictures of the group and video and music of theirs. Something really basic.
First: How can he send me the files, can he send them via ftp to my host server account¿?
Second: Can I host his site on my account(along with my other site) or should I just tell him he needs to buy his own hosting account?

domedia
06-28-2008, 07:39 PM
First of...I feel a bit bad about opening many diferent threads, dont want to get annoying or on anyones nerves! but they are all different topics! Each topic a separate thread, you're doing fine :)

IFirst: How can he send me the files, can he send them via ftp to my host server account¿?
Second: Can I host his site on my account(along with my other site) or should I just tell him he needs to buy his own hosting account?

Make sure you have a hosting deal where you can have multiple websites. This way you can host multiple websites/domains. This would be a question specifically for your hsoting company though.. all you're going to get here is general answers that might or might not apply to your hosting package.

Send an email to your hosting company with the same questions and they'll help you out. Hopefully they'll provide you with CPanel or a similar interface where you can set up new websites, ftp accounts etc.

Corrosive
06-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Morning mate.

Looking forward to the final? I am, should be a great game.

I have had a quick look at your host this morning and you can host multiple domains. You'll probably need to point the new domain at a folder in your webspace and set up an FTP account for it but it is possible. Hope this helps.