PDA

View Full Version : Skinning A My Space Page

Ricky55
06-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Some one has just asked if I can do this, they have provided a design.

I've never really used My Space, I know what it is obviously.

Have any of you guys ever done this? and if so how do you go about it?

Corrosive
06-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi Ricky

You need to place the code for the skin you have created in the 'about me' section of the profile. So you choose to 'edit profile' and do it from there. It's usually best to store the images you need somewhere like photobucket or on a website as I don't believe that you can store the images on myspace itself (I might be wrong). Then you build the skin using css. This is as much as I know as I skinned mine a long time ago using an online editor and don't use it much cos I can design whole sites now.

If you need some inspiration then this guy is really good at myspace skins...

www.rockbandlogo.com (http://www.rockbandlogo.com)

His name is Alex Fox and I met him through myspace.

Ricky55
06-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks.

To be honest I've told the guy that I didn't want to do it as he needed it urgently, he had already done a design he just wanted his page skinning with it.

domedia
06-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks.

To be honest I've told the guy that I didn't want to do it as he needed it urgently, he had already done a design he just wanted his page skinning with it.

I think this was a wise choice. Don't say you can do it if you don't know how to (unless you have a nice timeframe that lets you do some R&D).
A second option which is a nice one is taking the job and paying someone else to do it. Moving up the foodchain like this will get you more and larger projects in the long run. ;-)

Corrosive
06-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks.

That's probably wise mate. I have seen some very broken designs on myspaz before. Because the css goes in 'about me' people add info afterwards which breaks the design. Best left alone:wink:

Ricky55
06-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah I agree, I did offer it to a few others but no one I spoke to seemed that confident so I thought the best option was to decline.

The guy has just sent me an email saying that he will consider me for future work so no apparent damage done.

Thanks