PDA

View Full Version : Conditional statement in <head> won't update in template

ktomasso
06-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Hi,

I am at the grueling stage of fixing my web site for ie6, and have actually succeeded. My problem is that I have 2 levels of pages that need to be linked to an ie6-specific style sheet. When I place this declaration in my template, however, the hierarchy does not change with each level as it does when normal style sheets are linked.

For example:
The section I am dealing with is a portfolio, with the main page in a folder "work/index.html." I have sub folders within the "work" folder that each have multiple pages within them. My ie6 style sheet is in the root level. This means that a declaration of <link href="../ie6.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> in my template works for the "work/index.html" page, but not any of the subsequent pages (which would need a <link href="../../ie6.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> declaration). How can I get Dreamweaver to automatically find the correct path?

My code:
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<title>Page Title</title>
<link href="../work.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="../styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<!--[if lte IE 6]>
<link href="../ie6.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<![endif]-->
<script src="../Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
</head>

Note: The other 2 style sheets linked to the template update fine. Since the other is in a conditional statement, it doesn't seem to work.