PDA

View Full Version : JS-Kit..to use or not to use.

Corrosive
06-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Morning troops.

I have been looking for a comments script to go with a site I am creating for a friend. I WILL learn PHP at some stage (I promise) and build my own but, as it stands, I wondered if anyone has ever used this service before...

http://js-kit.com/

It looks like a good/simple option. Just post some code in a Div. I have tried it on a test page and it works beautifully and I have read the Ts & Cs and, although they do collect some data, it doesn't look like they will abuse it. It also has a lot of advanced anti-spam and 'dodgy' language filters. Question is... has anyone used it and any reason why I shouldn't??

Thanks for any feedback guys. :-D

davidj
06-27-2008, 10:05 AM
as long as it meets your requirements and they have a good support system in place then it should be fine. Its when you want it to do something else or try to extend it is where you will have trouble. All these ready made scripts are fine but they never normally fullfill the requirement 100%.

Corrosive
06-27-2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks DJ. As long as I don't hear any horror stories I thing it will suffice for now. :-D

domedia
06-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Morning troops. hehe love it :)

I have been looking for a comments script to go with a site I am creating for a friend. Why don't you hook up with a programmer? It sounds prefect for you.. he can do some php stuff for you when needed, and you return the favor with some of your services? That way you both get decent stuff and can focus on what you do best.

Corrosive
06-28-2008, 08:56 AM
hehe love it :)

Got to keep the morale up sir:wink:

Why don't you hook up with a programmer? It sounds prefect for you.. he can do some php stuff for you when needed, and you return the favor with some of your services? That way you both get decent stuff and can focus on what you do best.

I am getting to the point of giving this some serious consideration. Starting to need some more interactive options and a skill share would be a great way to go.