PDA

View Full Version : DropDown and Layers

africano
06-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi, a friend of mine from this forum has helped me loads! So ive finally managed to have and understand a dropdown menu, the thing is...On my index I have a panorama displaying...embedde src...etc and when the dropdown comes down it hide Behind this panorama viewer. Any ideas on how to fix this or what the issues are┐?

domedia
06-25-2008, 04:11 PM
edit wmode="transparent" in your embed and param tags.

It's a fluke I knew what you were talking about. Next time to the usual and provide an indication of what technology you're using or even better a link so we don't have to use our crystal balls ;-)

Corrosive
06-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi, a friend of mine from this forum has helped me loads! So ive finally managed to have and understand a dropdown menu, the thing is...On my index I have a panorama displaying...embedde src...etc and when the dropdown comes down it hide Behind this panorama viewer. Any ideas on how to fix this or what the issues are┐?

It's going alright now then fella? How did you get on with positioning your dropdown??

africano
06-25-2008, 04:27 PM
The wmode="transparent" Worked perfectly! Yeah I had a bit of a thinking session and tried to decide exactly what Im going to need, managed to position the dropdown, i sort of tinkered with it till i found out how...I just really hope Im not messing something up meanwhile!hahah. Cheers.

Corrosive
06-25-2008, 04:31 PM
I just really hope Im not messing something up meanwhile!hahah.

No, you'll be fine and nothing that can't be fixed if you do. Bought that webspace yet??

africano
06-25-2008, 04:33 PM
I have bought the webspace. Went for the Host Monster for one year. Im try to read all the instructions as I can upload my files to several diferent folder some public others private, Im just not sure.....my web files will obviously go in the public folders...right┐? Ill try and put someting up before I go home, although its not very good and theres not much there.....bit scary,hahah,

cheers.

Corrosive
06-25-2008, 04:40 PM
I have bought the webspace. Went for the Host Monster for one year. Im try to read all the instructions as I can upload my files to several diferent folder some public others private, Im just not sure.....my web files will obviously go in the public folders...right┐? Ill try and put someting up before I go home, although its not very good and theres not much there.....bit scary,hahah,

cheers.

Don't fear the website!! You upload your web files to the public folder or no-one will be able to see them. If you check with your web host they should have instructions on which folder to upload to and then you just define that when you define your site in DW. It's usualy something like 'htdocs' or 'httpdocs'. Define your site in DW and then try connecting and synchronize to get the pages up there. Let me know if you get stuck.

Cheers

africano
06-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Problem...Im trying to make links from my dropdown menu.....but they dont update throughout the site.....Im having to go to every single page and change it manually....Does anybody know the reason for this?

Im working on my dream weaver template page.

domedia
06-25-2008, 05:33 PM
You probably put it inside an editable region. the template will not do anything with your editable regions.