PDA

View Full Version : CSS delay when page is opened

sarah booth
06-20-2008, 08:21 PM
I have set up a site with an external style sheet, my client is complaining about the split second when the page is viewed before the style sheet kicks in, (an un-styled webpage) . Does anyone know a way around this? They are demanding it to be amended, I really don't know what else to say to them!!! Please help! Anyone!
http://www.presentwithimpact.co.uk

davidj
06-20-2008, 08:44 PM
im viewing it ok

it comes in quick for me

test it on a number of different machines to see if its his machine

sarah booth
06-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for taking the time to look at it. Really appreciate some advice on this one!
Have tested it all over the place! On my mac it loads up straight away, on my pc it takes about a second to load, which is when the page of unstyled text is viewed, while the style sheet kicks in. It really doesn't bother me as I know what it happening. But they are saying that it looks unprofessional and unacceptable! It is not something that anyone has ever complained about before. Don't really know what to say to them next! Don't suppose you know if it is possible to hide the info on the page while it is loading up do you? And if so, how do you do it?

davidj
06-20-2008, 08:55 PM
lets see the code

sarah booth
06-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Don't laugh! I'm self taught so it won't be pretty!
Can you just view source in your browser or do you want me to send you a link to the style sheet?

davidj
06-20-2008, 09:10 PM
its ok

instead of this ...

@import url(impact.css);

replace with this

<link href="impact.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

sarah booth
06-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Thank you so much!!!!!
I used to do it like that but changed to @import after reading a book about css! Fat lot of good that did me!
Thanks for looking at it for me.
: )

Rob_Che
06-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Nice thread - better than "my div gona bad" (usually mine)

m1a2x3x7
07-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Nice site Sarah. Very clean.

edbr
07-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Nice thread - better than "my div gona bad" (usually mine)
yup lady posting, we all suck our bellies in when repliying to them!!:)