PDA

View Full Version : Export/Import Database with EMS Mysql Lite

tux
06-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi all,

I need to move my DB from one PC to another (new laptop). I have exported the DB from the old PC and saved it as a .sql file. I have installed WAMP SERVER 2.0 and EMS Mysql lite onto the new laptop and set up the localhost and mysql database. How do I import my DB to EMS? I have tried executing the script that I saved from the old PC, it says that it is done but it does not show up on the database panel!!

Any ideas anyone.

Regards, Paul

lux
06-20-2008, 09:52 AM
first try hitting the refresh button or close and open again EMS.

it can often be the case that the script has been sucesfully executed by the panel whilst listed the dbs does not show update view.

hope this helps

tux
06-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks for your relpy LUX.

I tried refreshing with no joy. I uninstalled both WAMP and EMS and started again... still no joy. I checked in the WAMP..../MYSQL/data folder and my DB is there, it just dont show up in the DB panel.

Any other ideas mate.

Regards, Paul

lux
06-20-2008, 10:39 AM
one suggestion (there maybe better ones) is to manually register then create your database in EMS then refresh to make sure the database appears in the db panel then with the correct db selected execute the sql script minus the create database query

does that make sense?

tux
06-20-2008, 10:58 AM
I'll give it a go, yes it makes sense.

I dont get to re-register a host after re-installing both WAMP and EMS. This may have something to with it. How can you delete everything and start a fresh. I deleted the WAMP folder before reinstallin

This is bugging me!!!

tux
06-20-2008, 11:04 AM
RESULT!!!! Cheers LUX that worked.

Didnt to start with as the DB already existed. Used DROP DATABASE 'DB name' and retried and all is well.

Thanks again mate.

Regards, Paul

davidj
06-20-2008, 12:54 PM
lux and tux!

were you two in that bar in starwars.

anyone missing an arm!