PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on my template

neonfluxx
06-20-2008, 12:58 AM
Please give your opinions to this template I just made.

http://www.productionjunky.com/edge/

davidj
06-20-2008, 05:47 AM
thats nice

the banner does take up the whole screen initially so your loosing allot of content space. Every time you move from page to page your going to be forced to scroll to read any content.

its a sweet design though but i think it takes up too much space regarding the banner but im looking at it from a users point of view as i am not a web designer.

the web cats will be along soon telling me im talking shite

Corrosive
06-20-2008, 07:18 AM
thats nice

the banner does take up the whole screen initially so your loosing allot of content space. Every time you move from page to page your going to be forced to scroll to read any content.

its a sweet design though but i think it takes up too much space regarding the banner but im looking at it from a users point of view as i am not a web designer.

the web cats will be along soon telling me im talking shite

Hi Neon

I love the design but it is difficult to judge if we don't know what it is for and who the audience might be? If you are planning to have the whole page fit on the screen then David is right about the banner size but if the page will be long and users would be scrolling anyway then I can't see it matters and you'll get the graphical elements when you open the page for a good initial impact. Nice work!

Rob_Che
06-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Hey Neon...
It's already been said but that header is enormous.
What about taking it down the side ? Leave the bike and the menu at the top and put the "off the edge" vertically...

Also - from a designer's point of view, The fonts are a bit plain for the essence of the design... "Off the Edge" and the bike screams rebellion but you're using standard fonts. The title really stands out in the colour it's in which is great but I'd (personally) be tempted to f"^% it up a bit, giving it a rough and ready edge.

The menu can be in standard fonts as I guess it may be in type when built.

I think the bike could be more dramatic too - really leaping from the page - I like the way it crosses the border - an effect I like to use too.

I like the scrolls and colours.

Sorry if that was too critical - overall I do like it ! :)

domedia
06-20-2008, 02:42 PM
I think it looks sweet! But the header is huge, yes ;)

neonfluxx
06-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Thank you all for your opinions. I have taken them all into their account. You guys are correct with all the opinions. Thank you for your help.