PDA

View Full Version : ASP.NET Login Behavior

rico1931
06-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Good Morning or Good Afternoon depending where you are :wink:

Just a General quick question. In Dreamweaver CS3 asp allowed you to put in a Login Behavior now im trying to get with the times and use ASP.NET but when im building my form and try to find the login behavior it isn't there??!!?!? Am I just not looking in the right spot or is this something completely different in ASP.NET

Thanks for the help in advance

rico1931
06-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi folks never mind I just did more reading and found out that dreamweaver does not support the login behavior for asp.net...... Well doesn't that suck, does anyone think if I was to copy and past the code used in asp for login behavior it would work for asp.net.... hmmmm???

davidj
06-17-2008, 02:28 PM
now I'm trying to get with the times and use ASP.NET

this impressed me then realised you were using Dreamweaver to write your code for you.

If you really want to get with the times then learn to code and you wont hit these brick walls

does anyone think if I was to copy and past the code used in asp for login behavior it would work for asp.net.... hmmmm???

No It wont

different language structure

rico1931
06-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks davidj. I'm in the process of learning the code, I'm still in college and just got my internship for this company and trying to build them a website. This is my first website other then doing little ones for class that didn't let us use deramweaver and everything had to be HTML and CSS only. Damn SUNY system haha. But I must say that this forum has def helped me a lot and I love the quick responses especially from you davidj THANKS! So you have any advice for a 18yr old kid trying to build his first site using dreamweaver and a asp book?

neonfluxx
06-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Incorrect: The Login Behavior is supported with asp as i have used it before. please post code so i may evaluate more

rico1931
06-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Incorrect: The Login Behavior is supported with asp as i have used it before. please post code so i may evaluate more

Neonfluxx I know it works in ASP, that is what I am using it in but I'm letting dreamweaver write the behavior for me. I was wondering if the Log In behavior that is used with ASP could be used for ASP.NET but as davidj stated above it wouldn't and I tried but didn't work. Also I am not experienced enough to write my own behavior for ASP.NET....yet

davidj
06-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Incorrect: The Login Behavior is supported with asp as i have used it before. please

ASP yes but .NET ???? as this is what he asked for

davidj
06-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Also I am not experienced enough to write my own behavior for ASP.NET....yet

when you learn to code you dont waste your time writing shite for dreamweaver. You spend this time writing your apps.