PDA

View Full Version : my_phpinfo.php

swissbeets
06-16-2008, 01:00 PM
i am currently going through the tutorial on lynda.com and have come to a point where i need to open my_phpinfo.php but whenever i do this, the page is completely different and it looks like i have never saved any information is there a step that i missed or how do i update this file? thanks in advance to anyone who can help

davidj
06-16-2008, 03:12 PM
need to see the code in your my_phpinfo.php

swissbeets
06-19-2008, 09:22 PM
<?php
/*
* Generated configuration file
* Generated by: phpMyAdmin 2.11.6 setup script by Michal Čihař <michal@cihar.com>
* Version: $Id: setup.php 10748 2007-10-10 07:30:59Z cybot_tm $
* Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:34:53 GMT
*/

/* Servers configuration */
$i = 0;

/* Server localhost (config:root) [1] */
$i++;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress'] = false;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';

/* End of servers configuration */

?>

shouldnt there be more than this?

lux
06-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Hey there swissbeets,

Please describe the aim of the tutorial, then we can understand what it is you are trying to accomplish.

Then maybe we can help.

swissbeets
06-19-2008, 10:29 PM
ok i was wrong, i have followed every step correctly but in the video their my_phpinfo.php file was not in the same place as mine nor did it have a list of the options like theirs did. options include magic_quotes_gpc or log errors. in the tutorial they we are currently attempting to make a function that will allow all values before being sent to mysql to be checked or "error proofed" therefore they want to check and see if magic_quotes_gpc is enabled and if so, use option 1 otherwise, use option 2. nothing is being changed when they go to the my_phpinfo but i was confused to see that mine was different and hoped it would not cause any problems. thank you very much for your help it is greatly appreciated

davidj
06-20-2008, 05:37 AM
so your saying that your example of some code is different from the tutorial you were following and your asking if it would matter?

is this what your saying?

swissbeets
06-21-2008, 08:57 PM
if it would matter or how it happened to be different

davidj
06-21-2008, 11:45 PM
im sorry but if your code is different from the tutorial then the likelyhood is that its not going to perform the same task or probably fail

when you follow a tutorial you have to follow it letter by letter.

dianaa
04-02-2009, 11:47 PM
I had the same problem.
It is not a problem with writing the wrong code.
I wrote the correct code.
The problem is with the tutorial. The teacher is using a Mac, and he does not explain properly which folder to put the file (code).
On a PC, you should have the item in here : C:\xampp\htdocs\php_sandbox\my_phpinfo.php

(sandbox php php_sandbox lynda)

mangofreak
04-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Is the tutorial done by Brian Maxx??

dianaa
04-03-2009, 01:06 PM
The tutorial is done given by "Kevin Yank"