PDA

View Full Version : Customer Comment Page??

VonUlrich
06-11-2008, 03:07 AM
Hey everyone, just joined so I am a newbie please be kind. I am going to tackle my biggest problem first and was hoping some of you could point me in the right direction to save me some time. I am putting together my website in Dreamweaver...or just starting, for my Home Renovations business. One aspect I want to include in my site is a place for my customers to leave comments about the work I have done for them and have no idea where to start to make this happen. Is there a separate program I use in conjunction with DW? Is it a code issue? Where do I start reading and learning to make this happen. Some of the things I will need though are.

A login for my customer either by user account or special code that I give them to be able to add content by leaving a comment. I need this to protect things from anonymous users leaving malicious content.
I want everyone to be able to see the actual comments posted though without having to sign in or anything.
Would be nice if I could add a feature that they could upload a picture of themselves as well....Thanks ahead of time for all of your help and suggestions! BTW I have CS3 Web Premier.....

Von

davidj
06-11-2008, 05:35 AM
you need a good knowledge of HTML so this is where you need to spend some time

to accomplish what you need check out my tutorials in my signature

domedia
06-11-2008, 05:56 AM
Hi Von, you might be wanting to run before you can walk :)

Has anyone found any easy ways of doing this?

edbr
06-11-2008, 08:10 AM
if really new then i would check out joomla and see if there is something close to what you want. David's got the real answer though

VonUlrich
06-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Well...looks like I will be going through Davids tutorials along with the Lyndas tutorials.

Von