PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help templates and background pics

Bailenforcer
06-05-2008, 02:44 PM
I am very new to web design and with no formal training. Due to a recent disability I have time to develop a web page. I made a simple page with a background image, when I uploaded the page the image does not show up on the web site. What I am doing wrong??!!

Also how can one make templates like the ones I see for sale online. What is the best way? I have Studio MX can't afford to upgrade yet and Photoshop 7.

domedia
06-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi Bail,
There's a lot to cover :)
I would start by reading as many tutorials as you can. Buy a few good books on web development and just play around with code. Starting your own website as a playground is how most people get this experience. This is going to take a little time, but if you're passionate about it, it's just going to be fun :)

If you have Fireworks, you don't really need Photoshop yet. Fireworks is excellent for web graphics.

Bailenforcer
06-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Hi Bail,
I would start by reading as many tutorials as you can. Buy a few good books on web development and just play around with code. Starting your own website as a playground is how most people get this experience. This is going to take a little time, but if you're passionate about it, it's just going to be fun :)

If you have Fireworks, you don't really need Photoshop yet. Fireworks is excellent for web graphics.

Yes I just started a Hobby site today www.opfors.com its xbox related. I will use that to prefect my craft and at least errors there wont bankrupt me LOL

Bailenforcer
06-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi Bail,

I have all the above Studio MX has fireworks in it.

Bailenforcer
06-09-2008, 05:58 PM
well this weekend I installed the www.opfprs.com/forums and www.opfors.com/blog for gamers, xobx and xbox live gaming. Now I need to build the main page.

This is quite a learning experience since I am totally new to all this. So far it went well.

If anyone feels like it join the forum it is on PHPbb 3.01 right now.

the link is http://www.opfprs.com/forums

I am open to any suggestions you might have.